Jugger Community

Jugger in Deutschland

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde [ Sommerzeit ]

Ein neues Thema erstellen Auf das Thema antworten  [ 59 Beiträge ]  Gehe zu Seite Vorherige  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Nächste
Autor Nachricht
 Betreff des Beitrags: Re: Some weapon-related questions.
BeitragVerfasst: Mi 8. Jan 2014, 14:01 

Stadt: Tirgu Mures
Team: Second Cubs
Position: Kette, Langpompfe, Stab
thx guys!

BeitragVerfasst: Fr 10. Jan 2014, 04:39 

Stadt: Hamburg
Team: Torpedo X
Position: Läufer
Just to add a different perspective: Some players prefer rods over tubes right because of the addional weight. Usually these are rather strong players who can still handle their weapon with rather high speed even if it is heavier. This enables them to strike with more force which enables them to apply enough pressure to hit even if the defending player tries to block. But: With great power comes great responsibility :klatschen: In a Jugger-context that translates to still follow the principle of being responsible for the well-being of your opponent, striking only as hard as necessary and to slow down the blow when it becomes obvious that the defender will be unable to block it. Probably this is needless to say, but actually this is a playstyle which requires much more control and experience/training than simply playing with tubes and delivering "soft" blows.

BeitragVerfasst: Fr 10. Jan 2014, 09:08 

It makes perfect sense. Thanks!

(Actually I asked these because we are quite new in jugger and quite isolated - we live in Romania and we know nobody else playing it in the country. There are no fiberglass tubes/rods on the market, so we used pompfen with pvc tube rods for about a year but those bend quite a lot. They are quite okay for short swords but they get problematic with the longer stuff. So we want to evolve a bit. Thought also about starting some kind of league in here in the future, I guess there is none.)

Sandor

BeitragVerfasst: Fr 10. Jan 2014, 16:51 

Stadt: The Home of rrriktig Metal
Team: Falco jugger/JärnfalkarSverige
Position: Schild. Admin Wiki & Int. Juggerblog
magdosandor hat geschrieben:
(Actually I asked these because we are quite new in jugger and quite isolated - we live in Romania and we know nobody else playing it in the country.

Great, good luck! We are also just introducing it in Sweden, so interesting ...

A hint: look up how expensive postage would be for the GFK rods from carbon-team. At least till Sweden it is not too high if you order a lot of rods at once (so if you have enough who are interested in playing, or are sure that you will arise enough interest in the future :) )

Oh, and you are very welcome to write a little article on The International Jugger Blog about how it goes, how you have heard about it and which rule you are applying!

BeitragVerfasst: Mo 13. Jan 2014, 09:54 

Well, we will be probably very slow in getting organized, we are quite at the beginning. But as soon as we can show up something, we will write to the blog. No website or anything like that so far, as the guys in Sweden have. By the way, greetings to the viking fighters!

In here we have only a small group of around 10 people, around the age of 17, I am actually ancient (father of one of them), but I also like to play...
One of the guys brought the game from Germany one and half years ago so I guess the rules are mostly the German ones. I didn't really care about versions so far,
we just played and enjoyed playing...

Cheers,

Sandor

BeitragVerfasst: Mo 13. Jan 2014, 10:06 

magdosandor hat geschrieben:
we just played and enjoyed playing...

The most important bit exactly :)

BeitragVerfasst: Mo 13. Jan 2014, 11:59 

Team: valencia juggernauts|
Position: langpompfe
on the topic of weapons, whats your stance on metal complements on weapons?
example: fishing weights for balance or screws and such to keep the pvc|bamboo|whatever in place?

BeitragVerfasst: Sa 18. Jan 2014, 12:07 

Stadt: Bonn
Team: Flying Juggmen
Position: Stab, Läufer, Kette
My take is:
Weighting the handle (with two handed ones like the longsword) okay, thought only with band that is used to weight down curtains.

If in any doubt: don't.

BeitragVerfasst: Sa 18. Jan 2014, 12:15 

Maverick626 hat geschrieben:
on the topic of weapons, whats your stance on metal complements on weapons?
example: fishing weights for balance or screws and such to keep the pvc|bamboo|whatever in place?

Screws?? :shock:
Well, there is one simple answer: There is no need.
It is no problem to construct a Jugger spar in such a way that it needs no metal parts whatsoever, apart from a (well-padded) counterweight at the handle maybe.

EDIT:
Maverick626 hat geschrieben:
The point of the question its if you would allow such thing in spars that enter a german tournament?

Not at any tournament at which I have responsibility, or in any game against my team, if I am not totally convined (and as you may feel, that is unlikely).

And to what Siggi (an experienced martial arts expert, by the way, so you can trust his judgement) has written later:
Siggi hat geschrieben:
first off, nobody can look inside a weapon. [...] So considering tournaments it would be a matter of honesty to tell the others if metal is inside. As for the built: there are some wicked forces at work in those weapons.

A friendly word of advice, not especially to you but to anyone who might now think "Hey, they can't see it! just take it there anyway!"):
Nobody should try to sneak such a thing in on a tournament. A team tried once with another kind of banned build and I haven't forgotten them till today. Other tournament organizers might be even much more unkind if they find out. Not to think of what would happen if such reinforced a spar would be the cause for an injury.
Just don't.

BeitragVerfasst: Do 23. Jan 2014, 12:58 

Team: valencia juggernauts|
Position: langpompfe
A picture is worthd a thousand words, or so they say
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c178/Maverick626/schematic_zps49980f83.jpg
obviously the screws are really small in diameter, 4-6 mm, placed to sit as low as possible in the core , isolated from the the foam with some leather or similar, in order to not erode by friction the foam, and properly padded. The point of the question its if you would allow such thing in spars that enter a german tournament? Its not as if the whole pompfen was a baseball bat with nails, but its good to know what you people think in this regard

Ein neues Thema erstellen Auf das Thema antworten  [ 59 Beiträge ]  Gehe zu Seite Vorherige  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Nächste

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde [ Sommerzeit ]