Meetingpoint for Juggers from all around the world
Gnom
Stadt: Darmstadt
Team: Jugger Darmstadt e.V.
Position: Trainer/Kette

Re: Some weapon-related questions.

Beitrag von Gnom » Sa 27. Feb 2016, 19:21

Alo Sandor,

1.) Most players use pipe-insulation ( Example on Amazon), fitted for their core-rods, or rolled insulation mats, like higher-quality camping mats (best quality is EVAZOTE Foam, LARP Players should know carriers).

2.) Materials for crafting should be purchasable on amazon for litte money and bad karma.

For crafting examples you could lookup in this manual. It has many pictures and should be easy comprehensible. If need be, there is Google translate or ask right away in your trusty jugger.org forum.

salutări,

Gnom
How To Regelforum
Recht unbekannt: Die FAQ

magdosandor
Stadt: Tirgu Mures
Team: Second Cubs
Position: Kette, Langpompfe, Stab

Beitrag von magdosandor » So 28. Feb 2016, 19:18

Thanks for the quick and informative answer!

The manual is indeed very clear. We made our pompfen mostly based on UHU's jugger book translated to English, in a pretty similar manner but with a couple of small differences. (For example, we used mostly Pattex glue and not double-sided tape. It seems that here they use exclusively tape.)

The link you sent points to a 15/9 pipe insulation which is good for the handle, and the price is okay. However, I didn't find anything from the same manufacturer for the hit area (25/15). I found this one instead: http://www.amazon.de/SHT-Isolierung-Roh ... 0ZQAX4PNSP. Are you guys using this one? Or something else? The point is really to get something for both the handle and the hit area that is tested already by juggers and proved to be good quality for the purpose. I ran into some really problematic insulation and try to avoid it in the future...

Thanks a lot!

Sandor

Gnom

Beitrag von Gnom » So 28. Feb 2016, 20:28

magdosandor hat geschrieben: I found this one instead: http://www.amazon.de/SHT-Isolierung-Roh ... 0ZQAX4PNSP.
If this is the insulation i think, thats a wery soft material. It would be possible to make Pompfen out of it, but in my opinion it is not so good for crafting than the more stury types. I personally use two layers of Nomazip pipe Insulation. Nomazip is a litte more expensive, but more rubust as well.

For Example:
- 16mm fiber pipe as core rod
- 15 -15 mm nomazip fitted to the core
- 42 -15 with a litte cutaway to fit the first insualtion layer

The Pompfe gets a litte bigger, than the minimal requested 6 cm (German Rules 2015), but in my Opinion it still results in a light and safe Pompfe. If you want to look at another Pompfen manual (South-German Style ;)), you can download this. It has a lot of text but an online translater may can get you more information on crafting that.

I would love to meet one of you guys from Romania on an international event :). Keep asking if you have any more Trouble.

Cheers,

Gnom
How To Regelforum

Yannick
Stadt: Paderborn
Team: Peters Pawns
Position: Q-Tip

Beitrag von Yannick » So 28. Feb 2016, 21:12

We mostly use this for single-layered Pompfen. Im suprised that it's produced by the same company than the "legendary" Nomazip stuff. Seems to be their cheaper brand. It's definitly a lower quality than Nomazip, but it's cheaper and we are to lazy to build with multiple layers. For handles, I once buyed a role of this.
Ach. Hand, Arm. Das sind doch bürgerliche Kategorien.

magdosandor

Beitrag von magdosandor » So 28. Feb 2016, 22:19

Well, I do keep asking...

Currently we also use two-layered pompfe.
Can you give me some link to the Normazip version of pipe-insulation?
Also, according to the manual, there is a way to pad the last meter of chain with 5 pieces of 20-cm long somethings. Can you give me a link also? Currently we are using individual padding for every link.

Actually we plan to go to a tournament in Germany or Spain, if there will be one in the Summer. I'll keep you posted if we'll have something definitive.

Thanks for your patience!

Sandor

sairence
Stadt: Berlin
Team: Sonnenwende
Position: Langpomfpe/Läufer

Beitrag von sairence » Mo 29. Feb 2016, 19:32

For the past year I've tried out longswords made entirely or partly out of flooring underlayment.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00KI0LGTQ?psc=1

The first attempt was entirely with this stuff, 2-3mm thick, taped at the core, layered around to the diameter you want and then carefully taped all around to hold in place. It makes for a very soft padding, which actually turned out to be quite helpful in catching chains. Depending on how strong or light of a playstyle you have it needs to be retaped every few tournaments and will probably need to be rebuild after about a year of heavy use. The design in the end came in at around 450-470g.

The second attempt was a layer of pipe insulation, 15mm thick in my case, with 2 or 3 layers of this wrapped around to get to the required diameter. This is much more durable than the first attempt, though not as soft. In case of repairs you only need to redo the outer layer though, which is nice in terms of maintenance. This weighed just over 500g in the end.

I wanted to experiement with some lighter spars but really don't like pool noodles, so this has worked out quite nicely. The other advantage for me was that this stuff is pretty damn cheap. I bought a roll of 20m² for about 25€, but even when making a longsword entirely out of this I only used just over 1 m², so there is loads of material left over.

Generally, if built well I'd say these can last for a year of frequent use before they need to be rebuild. Which so far I think of as quite alright considering the low cost.

That aside, there will be plenty of tournaments over the summer, pretty much all of them open to whoever wants to come. Even without a DM. ;)

magdosandor

Beitrag von magdosandor » Sa 5. Mär 2016, 08:53

Hi Gnom,

All filtered out - thanks! - except for one thing:

According to the manual you sent a link to, there is a way to pad the last meter of chain with 5 pieces of 20-cm long somethings. Can you give me a link to that thing on Amazon or other online store? I just didn't find any. Thanks a lot!

Sandor

Gnom

Beitrag von Gnom » Sa 5. Mär 2016, 10:18

magdosandor hat geschrieben:Hi Gnom,

All filtered out - thanks! - except for one thing:

According to the manual you sent a link to, there is a way to pad the last meter of chain with 5 pieces of 20-cm long somethings. Can you give me a link to that thing on Amazon or other online store? I just didn't find any. Thanks a lot!

Sandor

Hey Sandor,

for my chains, I sew my own padding tube out of two layers of fabric with my sewing machine. A soft, inner layer for the padding, and layer of nylon sailcloth on the outside.
Zuletzt geändert von Gnom am Sa 5. Mär 2016, 15:56, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
How To Regelforum

magdosandor

Beitrag von magdosandor » Sa 5. Mär 2016, 14:12

I see. Thanks a lot!

Antworten

Zurück zu „International“