Unter 'dein Account-Name' -> User Control Panel -> Board preferences -> My language kann die Sprache auf Deutsch gestellt werden.
Gruß Darius

New US Rules (Colrado Jugger League Rules)

Treffpunkt für Jugger aller Länder
Meetingpoint for Juggers from all around the world
Antworten
Dougie
Stadt: Denver, CO, USA

New US Rules (Colrado Jugger League Rules)

Beitrag von Dougie » Mo 11. Mär 2013, 06:27

I've been hard at work getting this done, and wanted to share the first version of the Jugger rules for Colorado!
Input is appreciated and if you have questions please let me know!
http://www.foamforge.net/app/download/8 ... +Rules.pdf

I have also posted an article on the juggerblog, enjoy!

sairence
Stadt: Berlin
Team: Sonnenwende
Position: Langpomfpe/Läufer

Re: New US Rules (Colrado Jugger League Rules)

Beitrag von sairence » Di 12. Mär 2013, 00:15

That looks pretty decent to my (admittedly inexperienced) eyes. Nice to see that you guys are making progress. :)

leisa
Stadt: Berlin
Team: GAG
Position: Stab

Beitrag von leisa » Do 14. Mär 2013, 14:36

well done! i really like your crispy wording. germanys rulebook could use something of this too.

i recommend you to test and revisit three of the rules : the chain fight safety ruling, the failed stab ruling and the australian hit zones.

1. chain fight: you forbid the chainman to pull his wrapped chain. i think the chain needs to pull his chain in certain situations, so this a big disadvantage compared to the german chain. meanwhile pulling does not create a health risk for the oponent enforcer, so i see room for adjustments

2. stabs: in the game its allways pretty hard to differ between "active" and "inactive" weapons - here in germany this problem only apears for chains but is still a little pain. unfortunaly i dont see much use from this ruling, you only get some "reality". we do play with "electric" weapons, and even if still some old men (grüße hamburg nord, süd und waidhaus) root for the old fashioned "real hits", it pretty much seems the way to go

3. australian hit zones just make the game slow, and not just a bit. maybe this was your goal, but in my eyes this is what makes australian jugger (look) so much less sporty

all three rules look a bit like they come from your larp past, which is not bad thing in the first place, germany also started in the larp scene. just notice that most of our "larpy" rules disapeart over the time, since jugger is sport.
i dont want to impress this to you, but if you want to do jugger like a sport, those things could be counterproductive.

all good luck and regards

ps: your enforcer names are cool, and, merica, why u no use metric system??
"[...] and venge is now officially a ward."

"Kaugummi ist sehr komplex und nicht vertrauenswürdig"
- aus einer Empfehlung der Charité

Dougie
Stadt: Denver, CO, USA

Beitrag von Dougie » Mi 8. Mai 2013, 16:57

Thanks for the advice! For the hit rules, I was hoping to go between "electric" weapons and "real hit" at first, see what others think as we grow and go from there. After our first practice, it looks like everyone one liked the idea of electric weapons better, without counting clothing shots, and having the Austrailian hit zone. When we explained it to new players, we told them that the weapons are electric, but pretend you are wearing rubber gloves and boots. It seemed to work so far, but we will always stay open minded about changes. :)

As far as the chain goes, you are right, my main idea was to ensure that no one playing chain would ever think it was ok to pull on the chain in a manner that is harmful, I will be editing that entry soon. :)

I would love for my country to catch up with the rest of the world and use the metric system! Too many old, cranky, politicians want to keep it in our education I guess lol! Dont worry, when the zombie apocylypse happens, part of my rebuilding plan is to impliment the metric system in our new government. ;)

Antworten

Zurück zu „International“