Antworten
Aresius
Stadt: Murcia
Team: Hidras
Position: Langpompfe, Qwik

Proposal for an International Jugger Council

Beitrag von Aresius » Mo 24. Jun 2019, 19:12

Guten Tag!

My name is Arturo Pérez and I'm the Commissioner of Communications for the Spanish Jugger Federation (FEJ). As some of you must have heard already, at the beginning of June I posted on Jugger Worldwide (https://www.facebook.com/groups/5916140 ... 291649692/) this draft charter for an International Jugger Council:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1csh ... sp=sharing

The idea is to have every national community sit together with the rest in a common Discord server and pool ideas, materials and discussions, and then reach agreements about our favourite sport. This should be a room to learn about all our points of view on jugger, find common goals, and bridge differences. Some of the proposed aims are agreeing on safety rules, supporting and helping smaller communities grow, and establishing an international competition system, with its own independent ruleset.

Most "jugging countries" have already expressed their interest in joining. Some, like Mexico, Canada, Italy, Hungary and Czech Republic, are still debating, while Ireland has trouble reaching an agreement for a common representation in this Council, and Belgium seems to be inactive at the moment. Only Argentina has declared itself "not ready to join yet", but would like to attend anyway as "observers".

As for Germany, some have pointed out the lack of a "German Jugger Federation" to unite all clubs and represent them in the Council. However, back in 2015 the Ligagremium agreed to appoint Rigor Mortis' Tobias D. as "representative for international relations" (viewtopic.php?f=29&t=4839) for a project such as this. While that idea never took off, I believe we can apply the same solution now in order to have Germany's voice in the Council - this endeavour would not make sense without the founders of jugger in it.

Would the German jugger community accept this proposal? Is there anything you feel it's missing in the Charter, or that should be improved?

Felix2.0
Stadt: Halle
Team: Anima Equorum
Position: Langpompfe, Läufer, Stab, Trainer

Re: Proposal for an International Jugger Council

Beitrag von Felix2.0 » Di 25. Jun 2019, 09:25

The Council will be formed by up to 3 representatives from each member country. The organization/s of each country will be responsible for their selection and renewal.
Each country, regardless of its number of representatives, will have one vote. This will be presented by a spokesperson and cannot be delegated on another country.
Did i understand this right, if iam from a country with 2 or 3 active Juggerteams and an overall playercount of around 30 i have the same voting power like a country with 500 to 1000 active players?

Ein Uhu
Stadt: The Home of rrriktig Metal
Team: Falco jugger/JF Akzipiter n.n.
Position: Schild. Admin Wiki & Int. Juggerblog

Beitrag von Ein Uhu » Di 25. Jun 2019, 10:51

How about exchanging thoughts at the World Championships in Berlin in 2020? It seems to become quite an event, and there would certainly be many nations present. It might be a topic for the possible Juggerkonfabulation meeting, for example. Much better than written-only discussions.

See here: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=8620&p=103296#p103296
Foren–Moderator | Huderte 2007-2012 das Juggerregelwerk
Uhus Jugger-Videotutorials | -Archiv: Internationale Juggerregelwerke | Salute of the Jugger-Filmanalyse

Link
Team: Hunters

Beitrag von Link » Mi 26. Jun 2019, 11:35

Hi there! I'm Rickhard "Link" Nilsén, project-leader of "Projekt: Jugger i Sverige" and also one of the driven souls behind this project.

Felix2.0 hat geschrieben:
Di 25. Jun 2019, 09:25
The Council will be formed by up to 3 representatives from each member country. The organization/s of each country will be responsible for their selection and renewal.
Each country, regardless of its number of representatives, will have one vote. This will be presented by a spokesperson and cannot be delegated on another country.
Did i understand this right, if iam from a country with 2 or 3 active Juggerteams and an overall playercount of around 30 i have the same voting power like a country with 500 to 1000 active players?
First of all, we dont have the means to conduct a proper jugger census around the world to assign proportional seats. To look at it frankly, Australia is the only country that can, with certainty, say how many active players they have, as they have a national fee for this. Sure we can estimate but then there would always be an uncertainty about the votingsystem as a whole.
But say we did get consensus and agreed to make a proportional parliament instead of giving each country a vote, what would be the point of bringing other countrys in? If their opinion will always matter/weigh less than of Germany, Spain or Australia?

We do think that it's going to be natural to take into account the greater weight of larger countries. We can't see anyone superseding that. Or countries with a lot of experience, like Australia, even if they aren't as large in terms of teams.

This is not a council to make countrys change how they play or a council that must act as a ruler for all, its suppose to be a council that brings everything a bit closer. So that we can get a better way of organizing a WCC for example, get better contacts around the globe for traveling, to work out what differences there are in each country, what problems they have with spreading jugger and to set common goals. It's a way to help jugger overall, in the long run.

Ein Uhu hat geschrieben:
Di 25. Jun 2019, 10:51
How about exchanging thoughts at the World Championships in Berlin in 2020? It seems to become quite an event, and there would certainly be many nations present. It might be a topic for the possible Juggerkonfabulation meeting, for example. Much better than written-only discussions.

I think that this would be a perfect place to have a conversation about the IJC, though I think that some things must be done before that. If we can set up a start that is up and rolling by then, it would be perfect to have a conversation and to work out future things.
But as many can't attend a international tournament it would (IMO) be wise to work out a IJC beforehand and then have a talk about how we can make it even better.
Zuletzt geändert von Link am Fr 28. Jun 2019, 11:01, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

Aresius
Stadt: Murcia
Team: Hidras
Position: Langpompfe, Qwik

Beitrag von Aresius » Mi 26. Jun 2019, 20:36

Link hat geschrieben:
Mi 26. Jun 2019, 11:35
We do think that it's going to be natural to take into account the greater weight of larger countries. We can't see anyone superseding that. Or countries with a lot of experience, like Australia, even if they aren't as large in terms of teams.
I'd like to support this statement with the following map of jugger rulesets:
Jugger rulesets.jpg
Jugger rulesets.jpg (247.5 KiB) 212 mal betrachtet
As you can see, most countries follow German rules, or slight variants thereof. Swedish, Irish, Spanish, JAA and Argentinian rules are pretty close to them too. And Australia even uses a German-derived "international ruleset" for its Down Under International. I think it's safe to assume most of the representatives will look up to Germany in the discussions, and listen intently to what the Germans have to say.
Ein Uhu hat geschrieben:
Di 25. Jun 2019, 10:51

I'd certainly love to! But next year is far away and I doubt every country will be able to send people to Germany even with such an early invitation, so I don't see why we should wait an entire year... We've chosen Discord because it allows both text and voice conversations in real time across all 24 time zones, and because it provides a platform for smaller workgroups aimed at different goals. In turn, the Juggerkonfabulation in the WCC2020 could be a perfect chance to see how far we've got during the next year as a Council, and to personally meet many of the representatives. What do you think?

Antworten

Zurück zu „International“