Mitfahrt/Abholung – transfer/lift Järnsvenskan 2019

Turniere, Training, Treffen
irojugger
Stadt: München / Tel Aviv
Team: Munich Monks
Position: Q-Tip, Läufer

Re: Mitfahrt/Abholung – transfer/lift Järnsvenskan 2019

Beitrag von irojugger » Mo 17. Jun 2019, 13:28

Departure from Finnsjöstrand to Nora went smoothly at Järnsvenskan 2019; thanks to lift to Nora...

...but arrival to Järnsvenskan 2019 by public transport was pretty difficult for me & Jonathan, especially taking the pulic bus from Nora to Järnboas with regard to very wet, rainy & stormy weather conditions; we just had some good luck that from the bus stop at Järnboas supermarket, some locals took us by car to Finnsjöstrand...

For Järnsvenskan 2020, it would be great to:

- publish bus timetables Örebro - Nora, Nora - Göranstorp/Järnboas on JTR Forum
- publish lists on JTR Forum for selected arrival / departure times at Nora bus terminal, so that those using public transport can register for pre-organised lifts Nora <> Finnsjöstrand...

(and publish anything else important through JTR Tournament Info or JTR Forum instead of some info only on Fakebook as I was told by some fellow players)

Ein Uhu
Stadt: The Home of rrriktig Metal
Team: Falco jugger/JF Akzipiter n.n.
Position: Schild. Admin Wiki & Int. Juggerblog

Beitrag von Ein Uhu » Mo 24. Jun 2019, 12:20

Thanks for the suggestions. Timetables may indeed be helpful and should be added.

As for info, we regret any inconvenience. The JTR only reaches that far due to it's bare-bone texting feature and lack of editing capabilities (in the news section at least). It really is only the launchpad for further details in other places. See the "Suggestions" thread about the JTR.

Therefore, we send quite detailed newsletters, which reach all registered team e-mails in the JTR, but are also made public on facebook. Also, we post the newsletter's publication in the JTR "News" section. So if you didn't get it, you can contact the organizers to get a copy.

To publish short-term updates at the JTR is not really sensible with the current system, I am afraid.
Note that the JTR and this forum are two different instances.
Foren–Moderator | Huderte 2007-2012 das Juggerregelwerk
Uhus Jugger-Videotutorials | -Archiv: Internationale Juggerregelwerke | Salute of the Jugger-Filmanalyse

leisa
Stadt: Berlin
Team: GAG
Position: Stab

Beitrag von leisa » Di 25. Jun 2019, 13:35

fitting thread? I don't know! but I have a video of the final for you all:

Gurkentruppe vs Seven Sins
"[...] and venge is now officially a ward."

"Kaugummi ist sehr komplex und nicht vertrauenswürdig"
- aus einer Empfehlung der Charité

irojugger
Stadt: München / Tel Aviv
Team: Munich Monks
Position: Q-Tip, Läufer

Beitrag von irojugger » Mo 1. Jul 2019, 18:59

All important information should be published through one main channel that is available for everyone - without the necessity to login or even any „social“ networks to be forced to join.

Organisation on the spot itself was great!

Ein Uhu
Stadt: The Home of rrriktig Metal
Team: Falco jugger/JF Akzipiter n.n.
Position: Schild. Admin Wiki & Int. Juggerblog

Beitrag von Ein Uhu » Mo 1. Jul 2019, 20:34

I am with you concerning Social Networks indeed, and we saw to it that it was non-exclusive for exactly that reason. Everyone should have been able to know whether there was an update, and ask for it if interested. Those update notifications should have been posted mainly through the public JTR News function. Contacting us is also possible through the JTR (along with this forum or Social channels).
If something was missing in the newsfeed, I apologize.

We are sorry but we have not been able to put all newsletters wholly online (neither through Social media nor on a public website) for several reasons, privacy being only one example. Yet dropping us a note that one would like to be informed separately (and then should get those newsletters – if not, again, apologies) shouldn't pose too much of a trouble, I guess.
In contrast to sieving delicate information out of each newsletter for a public version. The JTR send-newsletter feature (mailing all participants) is meant for solving that problem in a time-saving manner, by the way, but addresses the registered team contacts.

I also would like to mention that Järnsvenskan has always focused on dishing out detailed, and lots, of information about our tournament, compared to most other Jugger events, since the criticism sounded a bit a as if it was crappy. Please keep also in mind that this tournament is, as probably many others are, just organized by a handful of people sacrificing their scarce spare time.

I will not go into further details on this topic to avoid an endless thread.
But to sum it up: I am really not sure whether taking blame is justified for a topic we really did care about quite a lot.
We will, though, take your suggestions into consideration for a possible next time and maybe create a News section / newsroom on the webpage next time.
Foren–Moderator | Huderte 2007-2012 das Juggerregelwerk
Uhus Jugger-Videotutorials | -Archiv: Internationale Juggerregelwerke | Salute of the Jugger-Filmanalyse

Antworten

Zurück zu „Events“