[Rule-Question] Allowed weight of Pompfe

Diskussionen um das Regelwerk
Ricky
Stadt: Darmstadt/Frankfurt
Team: Pink Pain/Bembelritter
Position: Stab, Kettentöter

Re: Allowed weight of Pompfen

Beitrag von Ricky » Di 25. Sep 2018, 08:46

Example: I replaced the Core of my Bambo Longpompfe, it broke but the Padding (Pool noodle, clear tape) is still in good shape after now 12 Months of usage (at least once a week and some tournaments).

Heavy spars for training means you might miss with a lighter one. I discovered I had to do some adjusting to my force when switching to a carbon core (which I highly recommend, cause They are very cool!).
Pink ist das neue Bunt!

Max V.
Stadt: Paderborn
Team: Peters Pawns
Position: Bauer

Beitrag von Max V. » Di 25. Sep 2018, 09:05

I usually replace my pool noodles every half year more or less. I would recommend to train with the same weight as you would play in competition. If you want some extra weight attach it to your wrists and ankles.
"[...] und präsentierte sich ihm mit einem Blick über die Schulter, den man wohl als schalkhaft erwartungsvoll bezeichnen musste."

Linus
Stadt: Berlin
Position: Stab

Beitrag von Linus » Di 25. Sep 2018, 09:40

+1 Ricky and Max

Even loosing just 200 g from my staff meant I had to practice a while just to get to the same level as before.

You can and should still do special exercises to build up strength and speed, but I don't recommend doing that with heavier pompfen.

SkiF
Stadt: Togliatti
Team: Russian Team
Position: all-around

Beitrag von SkiF » Di 25. Sep 2018, 09:58

I've read that you use carbon core. But here, in Russia, it's very expensive. For example, if 20mm PP enforced pipe costs 0.5 Euro per meter, the same carbon pipe (20mm) costs about 25 Euro. 50 times more expensive. So, people won't agree to pay for it. And, second problem, if you wato to buy carbon, you should order it online, becuse in our region I've not found where it's sold.

However, PP pipe has its own problem: it's too flexible. So, for now, I'm thinking about putting bamboo inside.

About practice, I didn't mean you should practice only with one heavy Pompfe. It's only good to improve your stances, muscles and wrists. Good fit and fencing skills (including fencing skill with real-weight weapons) still is a big part of our Jugger.

But I've catched main point about weight and agree with that.
My travel blog: skif.lince.ru

>>> Jugger in Russia <<<

Dreieinsvier
Stadt: Saarbrücken
Team: Keulen Eulen
Position: on what?

Beitrag von Dreieinsvier » Do 11. Okt 2018, 03:59

SkiF hat geschrieben:
Di 25. Sep 2018, 09:58
I've read that you use carbon core. But here, in Russia, it's very expensive. For example, if 20mm PP enforced pipe costs 0.5 Euro per meter, the same carbon pipe (20mm) costs about 25 Euro. 50 times more expensive. So, people won't agree to pay for it. And, second problem, if you wato to buy carbon, you should order it online, becuse in our region I've not found where it's sold.

However, PP pipe has its own problem: it's too flexible. So, for now, I'm thinking about putting bamboo inside.

About practice, I didn't mean you should practice only with one heavy Pompfe. It's only good to improve your stances, muscles and wrists. Good fit and fencing skills (including fencing skill with real-weight weapons) still is a big part of our Jugger.

But I've catched main point about weight and agree with that.
Carbon tubes are about the same price here. But bamboo ist a very reliable alternative, given that you choose carefully and test for structural weakness before building.

Antworten

Zurück zu „Regeln“